- Safe and effective
- No medication
- Controlled, accurate and precise
- Fast and gentle
Pigmentation appears as irregular brown patches on skin. This is basically seen in women suffering from hormonal imbalances or during pregnancy. However, it may also be seen in men that could be induced by stress. Pigmentation also increases with excessive sun exposure. Hyper-pigmentation can affect any part of body including face, back, hands and neck.
What is the Cause?
- Overexposure to sun
- Hormonal imbalances (e.g., Thyroid)
- Inflammation and skin injuries
- Medications such as contraceptive pills and hormonal replacements.
Hyper-pigmentation is caused by the over-production of melanin in skin. Causes of Hyper Pigmentation are:
What are the treatment options?
Treatment for fading dark pigmentation patches include a combination of LASERs, Chemical Peels and Masks. At Manya Aesthetic, we use a broad range of LASER treatments that include Dual Yellow LASER. At the same time, mild-to-strong range of peels also help in lightening the dark pigmentation. We also use highly advanced Facial Masks like Cosmelan, Dermamelan that remarkably reduce the skin pigmentation.
How does it works?
LASERs help to reduce pigmentation by reducing melanocytic activity in skin cells. LASERs penetrate the dermis layer of the skin and causes collagen and elastin production. As a result, over a period of time the skin appears smooth, clear and more evenly toned (young-looking skin). Pigmentation-reducing peels and Masks helps to remove the dead layer of the skin, this reducing the discoloration of skin.
How much time and duration is required for the treatment?
- Total duration of the treatment: Combination of 4 LASERs and 4 Peels are required for best results which can be a 3-month course. A maintenance session may also be required, which can be done once in 3 months as a maintenance part.
- Time required for each session: Dermal Peels range from mild-to-strong and takes only 15 minutes for the entire procedure. A single LASER treatment also require few minutes. It often depends on which LASER is been performed, which may take 20- 30 minutes for the treatment. The mask application requires 15 minutes but needs to be removed after 4 hours
- Time Interval between two sessions: The gap between two sessions of peel and LASER can be 10-15 days, depending on the severity of the skin challenging.