Laser Acne & Acne Scars Treatment
- Safe and effective
- No medication
- Controlled, accurate and precise
- Improves skin texture and tone
- Suitable for larger and smaller areas
- Fast and gentle
What is TwinLight® Laser Acne & Acne Scars Tx?
Laser treatment of Active Acne reduces acne inflammation by photoselective absorption and heating of overactive sebaceous glands. The power of an Nd:YAG laser is used to accelerate the healing process and to reduce the possibility of developing new acne inflammation.
Laser treatment of Acne Scars is based on the precise and gentle skin resurfacing procedure where the Er:YAG laser is absorbed by the top micro-layers of the skin to vaporize scarred skin and stimulate the production of new collagen in the dermis.
How does it works?
1. Active acne: A high power Nd:YAG laser is used to penetrate the skin deep enough to thermally and selectively destroy large sebaceous glands.
2. Acne scars: The Er:YAG laser is used to remove micron-thin layers of skin so that new skin can form in its place. Unlike chemical peels and dermabrasion, laser resurfacing allows to be easily controlled. The laser gently vaporizes the acne-scarred surface of the skin so that undamaged skin below is revealed.
TwinLight laser treatment of acne and acne scars is fast, easy to perform and has an unsurpassed treatment success rate compared to alternative methods.With easy-to-follow protocols and at-the-touch-of-a-button treatment settings, practitioners are able to treat patients with confidence and high success rates.
Treating acne with the laser is the least-invasive and most patient friendly method possible. What is more, no medication is required and complete recovery is achieved within days.
How much time and duration is required for the treatment?
- Time required for each session: Dermal peels -- approximately 15 minutes for the entire procedure. Depending on the type of skin, LASERs may require 20-30 minutes for treatment..
- Total duration of treatment: Combination of 4 LASERs and 4 Peels are required for best results, which can be a 3-month course. Maintenance sessions may be required, which can be done once in 3 months.
- Time interval between sessions: The gap between two sessions of peel and LASER can be 10-15 days, depending on the severity of the skin challenge and the skin type.